CLIL (Content and Language Integrated Learning)
This course is for primary or secondary teachers who want to develop their language knowledge in their own field of expertise and gain insights into the integration of the English language in their own classrooms.
This course is eligible for Erasmus+ funding.
Please note, our Teacher Training courses are not accredited by the British Council.
The objectives of this course are:
- To raise teachers’ awareness of CLIL methodologies.
- To understand how English teaching can be integrated in teaching different subjects.
- To learn how different activity types can enhance students’ learning.
- To gain practical ideas and collect a portfolio of materials which can be used directly.
- To learn how to design and adapt materials for CLIL teaching.
Course length: 1 week (22.5 hours)*
Time: 9:30am – 11:00am, 11:30am – 1:00pm and 2:00pm – 3:30pm Monday to Friday
CEFR Level: B1 and above
Minimum class size: 4
Maximum class size: 14
* The timetable above is a sample of a one week course. This can also be extended to 2 weeks to give more time for more in depth sessions, peer teaching and observations. Alternatively CLIL training can take place from 2:00pm – 3:30pm after 15 hours of General English in the morning for 1 or 2 weeks.