Terms and Conditions
Course Fees include:
- Student card
- Academic counselling service
- Free Internet access
- Progress and end of term reports
- Study materials (except course books)
- In school social activities
- Use of self-study areas
- End of course certificate depending on attendance
- Continuous feedback and individual tutorials
Fees DO NOT include:
- Examination fees
- Registration fee
- Bank charges
- Out of school social activities
- Course book fees
- Transport (to and from the school)
EEA & Non Visa Nationals
Please note that letters of acceptance and accommodation details are sent via e-mail or by post. Arrangement of special delivery service (DHL) is at an extra cost.
No letters can be issued until we receive:
- registration fee of £70
- tuition fee deposit of 3 weeks (first week plus the final 2 weeks) or full payment if studying for less than three weeks
- accommodation handling fee of £60 if applicable
- accommodation deposit of £140 for host family accommodation or one week of accommodation fees (This will be deducted from your subsequent payment of accommodation)
All fees must be paid in full by the end of the first day of study at the school.
Please note that letters of acceptance and other letters (documents) are sent via e-mail or by post. Arrangement of special delivery service (DHL) is at an extra cost.
No letters can be issued until we have received:
- registration fee of £70
- Student Visitor Visa: full tuition fees
- accommodation handling fee of £60 if applicable
- accommodation deposit of £140 for host family accommodation if applicable (This will be deducted from your subsequent payment of accommodation)
All fees can be paid in your own currency by Western Union International Transfer. For more information please visit our website and click “Payment” under the “Prices” menu. This service allows quick and easy transfers in your own currency with no extra bank charges.
You can also pay in pounds by bank transfer directly to our account. Please indicate the student’s name and reference number. Please note that all bank charges must be paid by the student, otherwise the student will be charged on arrival. Please fax or e-mail us a copy of the remittance advice.
Bank details: Pound Sterling Account
Bank: Barclays Bank Plc
Address: 91-92 High Street, Kings Lynn, Norfolk, PE30 1BL, UK
Account Name: The Flying Classrooms Ltd
Account Number: 00104574
Sort code: 20-46-65
Swift code: BARC GB 22/ IBAN No: GB44 BARC 2046 6500 1045 74
Airport transfers will be invoiced and can only be confirmed once payment and flight details have been received.
Returning students will not have to pay a registration fee.
- Accommodation can only be arranged once we have received the deposit and arrival details.
- All accommodation is subject to availability and early booking is advisable.
- If you decide to leave your accommodation early, you must give 7 days’ notice in writing.
- Refunds will only be made for full calendar weeks.
- The school’s accommodation service acts as an agent in introducing our students to their host families. The contract is between student and host family.
- Accommodation is normally booked from Sunday to Saturday – if you stay extra days, a daily rate will be charged for periods up to and including 4 extra days. More than 4 days will be charged at the weekly rate.
- Accommodation is only arranged for full-time students while they are studying at the school. On completion of your course or if you leave the school for any reason you will be asked to leave your accommodation.
- If you cancel your accommodation more than 7 days before you arrive, we will refund payment minus the accommodation deposit (1 week accommodation fee).
- If you cancel your accommodation less than 7 days before you arrive or if you move out without 7 days notice, a refund will be given minus 1 week of accommodation.
- You can change your accommodation if you have good reason. After 1 change of host family, you will incur a £25 administration fee for further changes of host family without a good reason. After 3 changes Norwich Study Centre may not be able to arrange another family.
Please see our under 18s handbook for our rules and regulations on accommodation for students younger than 18 years old.
REFUNDS AND CANCELLATIONS
- The £70 registration fee, £60 accommodation-handling fee and bank charges are non-refundable.
- If you cancel your booking in writing more than 30 days before the course begins we will refund payment minus non-refundable fees.
- If you cancel your tuition less than 30 days before the course begins there will be no refund.
- If you start a course and then want to finish earlier than planned, you must give 30 days’ notice and any outstanding tuition fees will be refunded. Please note that this does not apply to students whose visa application was supported by Norwich Study Centre.
- Should the student’s visa be refused, we will refund all fees, apart from non-refundable fees, once we have received a copy of the visa refusal letter.
- We are unable to offer a refund for any student leaving early who requires a visa to study in the UK. This is because the visas are granted on the understanding that the student will be taking a course at Norwich Study Centre for the dates given in our offer letter.
- Cancellation of 1:1 lessons: if you cancel less than 7 days before your lesson, you will be charged full fees.
- Part time lessons are non-refundable.
- Students may take holidays of 1 week for every month of their booked course.
- No fees will be charged for holidays taken in accordance with this regulation. Holidays must be booked by the week from Monday to Friday inclusive.
- All holidays must be booked at least one full week in advance. The course will be extended for full holiday weeks accordingly.
Please see our under 18s handbook for our rules and regulations on booking holiday for students younger than 18 years old.
SCHOOL/ PUBLIC HOLIDAYS
- The school is closed on public holidays and there will be no reduction in tuition fees for these days. One-to-one lessons will be rearranged if they fall on a public holiday.
- The school will be closed from 18th December 2017 – 30th December 2017 and on public holidays.
- Public holidays 2016: 2nd January, 14th April, 17th April, 1st May, 29th May, 28th August
- We will not refund fees for students who are late for class, leave class early or miss lessons. Attendance is monitored and students will only receive a leaving certificate if they have achieved 80% or more attendance. Students who are persistently late will be refused entry to classes if they do not arrive on time.
- Refunds will not be given for short absence due to sickness or accidents.
Please see our under 18s handbook for our rules and regulations on attendance for students younger than 18 years old.
- The minimum age is 14 years when accompanied by a guardian/parent or member of a group and 16 years old for individual students. There is no maximum age. Individual students under 16 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
- Students under 18 will need a consent letter from their parents/guardians and proof of travel arrangements.
NORWICH STUDY CENTRE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO:
- Alter dates, fees and details in the brochure without prior notice.
- Change teachers or timetables at any time during the course.
- Refuse admission to or dismiss any student in the event of unsatisfactory attendance or misconduct.
- Refuse admission to an examination class if the student’s level is below the required standard.
- Rearrange class hours should the number of students enrolled on the course fall below a minimum of 4.
- Refuse applications from students under the age of 18 if unaccompanied by a parent/guardian.
Norwich Study Centre does not accept liability for any loss, damage or misadventure suffered in the school, at the accommodation or during transportation that we arrange.
- Students are advised to obtain travel insurance in their own country to cover things such as illness, accident and loss of money or property. The school is not responsible for loss, damage or expenses resulting from these causes.
- Medical treatment by the NHS (the UK’s National Health Service) is not free for international students so you should obtain medical insurance in your home country before travelling to the UK.