Further Teaching Knowledge and Skills
This course gives more in depth training into specific skills and areas of teaching.
These courses are eligible for Erasmus+ funding.
The objectives of this course
- To further enhance English language teaching.
- For teachers to get a deeper understanding of interactive teaching skills.
- For teachers to gain an understanding of IT and methodology that can enhance their teaching.
- For teachers to learn more about teaching English in different contexts.
Course length: 1 week (22.5 hours)**
Time: 9:30am – 11:00am, 11:30am – 1:00pm, 2:00pm – 3:30pm *** Monday – Friday
CEFR Level: B1 and above
Minimum class size: 4
Maximum class size: 14
*Extended module options – You can request to focus on more Specific Modules of interest which are listed below and a timetable with up to three sessions on each topic can be designed to suit your needs.
- Grammar 3 – Students can recite grammar rules, but can they use structures correctly when they speak and write? Learn and practice techniques to enhance your teaching of grammar.
- Using Authentic Materials – Bring the world into your classrooms through video and printed media. Learn how to design lessons to get the most out of using media and audio visual input and output.
- Using IT – Students love IT. Discover how to use internet teaching platforms and apps to make classes interesting and motivating.
- Mobile Learning – Learning on the move is becoming more and more popular. Try out techniques with mobile phones and teaching and learning apps.
- Inspiring learners to write – Creativity doesn’t come naturally to everyone. Learn tips and techniques to ignite your students’ imagination and enjoyment of creative writing.
- Teaching Academic writing – Academic writing must follow certain conventions. Learn about what to focus on when developing your students’ Academic Writing Skills.
**This can be 2 weeks in addition to Essential Teaching Skills or the example timetable can be adjusted to focus more on starred* sessions to your needs
***Alternatively, chosen modules can be taught from 2:00pm – 3:30pm after morning General English Standard – 15 hours
Contact email@example.com for more information or advice.